Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Love Sarcasm!

This letter to the editor, which was published by the Selma Times-Journal of Selma Alabama, was also sent to me by Chachi Novellas.

Castro is taking it on the chin in the blogosphere. I love it.

Sanders doesn't tell all about Cuba

Sunday, May 7, 2006 5:37 PM CDT

To the Editor:

I was so impressed with Senator Sanders' column on his visit to Cuba.

I was amazed at how he was able to avoid mentioning Cuba was a communist dictatorship and that maybe that had something to do with Cuba's economic problems instead of the U.S. embargo.

He was also able to avoid mentioning the fact that Cuba prevents its citizens from escaping and has executed some that have tried.

He also didn't mention Cubans don't have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc. Nor did he mention Castro's long-time support of terrorists or his role in the drug trade.

Amazing, when I think of Cuba those are the first things that pop into my mind.

Senator, since you oppose the U.S. trade embargo on Cuba, I assume you also oppose the ones on Rhodesia and South Africa under apartheid.

Thomas E. Jeffords

Sprott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehee! Gotta love it when the self-important, self-satisfied Dems get called on their perfidy!

Heheheheeee!

Please remind me: does any other country embargo Cuba? If not, then why does every Leftist think the USA, alone, holds Cuba's fate in its hands?