Monday, October 03, 2005

Confession TIme

Most of you know this history, so I'll make the preamble short. I didn't begin blogging about Cuba until I was invited to contribute here a few months back. Before that my interest in Cuba was more historical in nature and I created trenblindado.com to explore one of the little known episodes of the Castro insurgency of 1958. Obviously I'm a regular reader of babalublog.com, our blogfather but again that only dates back a few months so I'm not familiar with some of the older posts. While reading Robert's piece about Elian I noticed he referenced an old babalu post about Elian and was flabergasted by the revelations about what the INS knew and when it knew it.

I urge you to read the post and then give Doris Meissner (the INS chief that sent Elian back) a piece of your mind. She is now a Senior Fellow at the Migration Policy Institute. Her email is dmeissner@migrationpolicy.org

2 comments:

Tremenda Trigueña said...

Ño...qué lío...from the little I know of the Elián case, that is so heart-wrenching. Hope you all are well, sorry for being out of the loop lately..got grad school going on! ;) Cuidense hermanos.

Robert said...

Thanks for the link, and yes Doris Meissner is a total dingbat.