Thursday, November 17, 2005

I have a question for YOU!

I was brainstorming with fellow pundit Conductor about and an idea I had for a series of post's entitled "Meditations on Marti."

As some of you know I'm an avid reader of Jose Marti's writings, and while I was on my study abroad I spent my TV-less Internet-less time reading some of his writings. And I realized not just how wrong, BUT HOW DEAD WRONG communists are in understanding him, let alone mis-quoting him.

Bueno, with the wonderfully recent surge of Pro-Cuba blogs, I think Marti is a topic seldom touched, frequently quoted and often misunderstood.

So lets brainstorm together: what about Marti should not only we but the world better understand?

I'm not an authority on him (yet), and so I will also welcome submissions as well as any corrections.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, what did marti mean about being the monstruo?

Anonymous said...

I think you mean being IN the monstruo? The U.S. reference? Right?