Saturday, February 11, 2006

California Blogging, Part 7




This picture was taken on the famous 17-Mile Drive at Pebble Beach. Getting this shot wasn't easy. As it happened, we arrived during the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am event and the 17-Mile Drive was officially closed for the duration. Or so I was informed by the guard at the Carmel Gate. But being the resourceful Cuban-American that I am, I went to another Gate and had to "inflar un globo" about how I was picking up one of the golfers at the lodge.













This is a lighthouse visible from California Highway 1, somewhere between Carmel and San Francisco














This of course is "the rock" Alcatraz Prison in San Francisco Bay.














Sea Lions at Pier 39, K dock near Fisherman's Wharf.














Nightime view of Transamerica tower, taken from Coit Tower.














Yours truly, wearing my "Che's Dead" t-shirt at the University of California, Berkeley. Interestingly the only people that commented on my shirt said they loved it. One of them was right after my wife took this picture. whodathunkit?














Famous corner of Haight and Ashbury, epicenter for the Summer of Love and Hippies.

No comments: