Monday, March 20, 2006

Let's see what happens

My correspondence with Kevin Baxter of the Miami Herald (below) has gotten me to thinking. What will happen tonight after game is done? On several occasions in this tournament the Cuban team has skipped out on the post-game press conference. The excuse given was that it was in protest of the "unsportsmanlike" displays of anti-castro signs in the stands. I think they are afraid of putting their players up there in front of the world with cameras and microphones on. I'll be interested to see what the Cuban team does tonight, win or lose.

1 comment:

benning said...

I'm wondering, too. Be very strange and delightful if the entire group - players, trainers, security - just everybody! left the stadium, hopped on a bus, and turned up at the nearest Naval Base. :D

Wouldn't that be something, eh?