Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pet Peeve

You know what really bothers me? People that have no idea how to drive. I should be used to it because I live in the capital of world's worst driver's, Miami FL.

But last night as I was driving up to Gainesville, I had a severe case of road rage. The Florida Turnpike has only two lanes along most of it. When I went to college here in Gainesville, 15 years ago the Turnpike was easy (if not boring) to drive. But now it's overcrowed by people that don't have a clue.

For those of you that have any doubts about how to drive on an expressway, you are supposed to use the left lane for passing only. The signs say "slower traffic keep right". Please don't camp out in the left lane going the same speed as the car in the right lane. Even if you are going faster than the speed limit you are supposed to yield to faster traffic. It's common courtesy. It's also not your job to enforce the speed limits. That's what the highway patrol is for.

When someone is behind you and flashes their lights, GET OVER DAMN IT! It's you jackasses that ignore this simple rule that create accidents because people have to weave between lanes to go the speed they want to go.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

1 comment:

Val Prieto said...

HAHAHAHA. Hnery, man, I swear you took the words right outta my mouth. I Turnpiked up to Palm beach on Friday and it was the exact same thing. A bunch of people camped out in the left lane completely oblivious to all those behind them.