Thursday, June 14, 2007

American Airlines Sucks Ass!

I had two round trip scheduled for this week, one to Newark and the other to New York. That's 4 segments. Flight to Newark was on time and fine. The flight back was delayed for more than an hour. Then my 5:00 PM flight to LaGuardia yesterday was canceled. They claim it was an equipment problem when they called me in the early afternoon to advise me. I think it was one of those empty flights that they simply canceled and pushed the passengers onto another flight. The replacement flight was supposed to leave at 7:55 PM. It didn't. It left at 9:30. So I arrived in New York 4-1/2 hours later than I should have if my original flight hadn't been canceled. I ended up getting 5 hours of sleep. I was dragging during my conference today and when I was getting ready to leave I got a call from American that now my return flight had been delayed. So here I am at LaGuardia when I should be well on my way home. We won't be landing before 1:30 AM.

If you are keeping track, 4 segments, three of them delayed (including one that was a replacement for a flight that was canceled). Was there any sympathy from the countergirl? Nope? I asked for an Admiral Club pass so I could relax. Nooo! I called American. Noo! they said as well.

American Airlines can kiss my ass.

UPDATE

My 7:55 flight was just pushed back again from 10:30 to 11:15. The announcement girl said that the although our plane has now arrived, the flight crew is coming from Toronto and won't be arriving until 10:40. American keep on kissing my ass.

1 comment:

beakerkin said...

Great Blog

When you get a chance I would like to interview you on my blog. I am plauged with far left apologists for Fidel and I would like to slap them around.

Leave a response in the comment section of the top post. The interviews are twenty five questions tailored to the interviewee. In your case the questions would be geared towards the Cuban-American experience.

The interview will give you a chance to reach new readers as well.