Sunday, August 20, 2006

Reader takes on Ana Menendez

Great letter in Saturday's Miami Herald.

Wrong on Cuba
Re Ana Menendez's Aug. 13 column, Without Fidel, a great love story comes to an end: She offends all who want freedom for Cuba by saying, ''Without Fidel, a great love story comes to an end.'' I fail to see how Fidel Castro, a murdering tyrant, could ever be put into the context of a love story. I also fail to see how she can imply that Castro's passing will be deeply felt by some of our politicians, attacking, in particular, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.

I guess in Menendez's world, having the moral integrity to unconditionally oppose Castro's brutal dictatorship and support the idea of a free and democratic Cuba is a bad thing.

FRANK LUJAN, Miami
I believe Frank Lujan is a reader of my web site TrenBlindado.com, if not this blog.

No comments: